luni, 7 iulie 2008




























"All colors are the friends of their neighbors and the lovers of their opposites."
"Great art picks up where nature ends."
"I am out to introduce a psychic shock into my painting, one that is always motivated by pictorial reasoning: that is to say, a fourth dimension."
"I work in whatever medium likes me at the moment."
"If a symbol should be discovered in a painting of mine, it was not my intention. It is a result I did not seek. It is something that may be found afterwards, and which can be interpreted according to taste."
“If I were not a Jew… I wouldn’t have been an artist, or I would be a different artist all together.”
"In our life there is a single color, as on an artist's palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love."
"My name is Marc, my emotional life is sensitive and my purse is empty, but they say I have talent."
"Will God or someone give me the power to breathe my sigh into my canvases, the sigh of prayer and sadness, the prayer of salvation, of rebirth?"
"Will there be anymore!?"
"We all know that a good person can be a bad artist. But no one will ever be a genuine artist unless he is a great human being and thus also a good one."
"Only love interests me, and I am only in contact with things I love."

Pentru ca astazi sunt fix 121 de ani de la nasterea lui M. Chagall, si prietenul nostru Google este in tema. Am gasit aceste citate pe minunatul taram Wikipedia. Personal, consider ca Chagal reuseste perfectiunea imbinarii simbolismului cu impresionismul, intrega sa viata si simtire sunt acolo, atat religiozitatea cat si mediul din care provine.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu